Some professionals are even using Adobe Photoshop Elements instead of Adobe's flagship software, Adobe Photoshop. And there's good reason.
If you wan to master Photoshop Elements, check out the step-by-step tutorials in Learn Elements Now.
But if you still need to be convinced to use Elements, here are the top 12 reasons why Adobe Photoshop elements rocks:
1. Elements is easy to use. With an intuitive interface and plenty of shortcuts, Elements is within the grasp of your elementary school-age child. And yet...
2. Elements is closer than ever to Adobe Photoshop CS4 in its features. Each new upgrade of Elements brings its feature set closer and closer to that of Adobe Photoshop.
3. It's easy to organize and find your pictures. The tagging and text search features means you can easily find pictures in your catalog.
4. Quick edit mode. A few clicks is all it takes to carry out the most common editing tasks - such as removing red eye or whitening teeth.
5. Guided edit mode. As the name implies, in this mode, you'll be guided through a series of steps to turn your photo from good to great. These include cropping the photo, adjusting lighting and exposure, correcting color and more.
6. Full edit mode. Work with layers, move photo elements, add text - do more in this more advanced mode, which gives you access to all the features of Elements.
7. Special effects. Use filters, layers, photo effects and other tools to transform an image with a few clicks. And if you don't like it, it only takes one click to revert to the original image.
8. Scene cleaner. Remove unwanted elements from a picture by simply drawing a line over it (available only in Elements 7 and higher).
9. Photo projects. Have fun creating physical objects with your photos, such as photo books and calendars. Elements gives you the tools to create your own lay outs or use ready-made templates.
10. Create slideshow videos. Elements lets you create a slideshow of your pictures, which you can then export to video format, complete with video effects, transitions and other effects (available only in Elements 7 and higher).
11. Easy sharing. Let others enjoy your photos, whether through online albums, burning to a CD or DVd, or via FTP.
12. Print your photos. You can make individual prints, contact sheets or picture packages.
Adobe Photoshop Elements helps you enjoy and share your photos. But you'll only get the most of it if you know how to use it.
If you're interested in mastering Adobe Photoshop Elements in as little as two hours, then take a look at Learn Elements Now. It's a set of video tutorials, which teach you the basics of using Adobe Photoshop Elements. It's like watching over the shoulders of a pro.
Each video is only a few minutes long, so you can go through all the tutorials - and be an expert - in less than two hours. This is especially helpful if you're the type who can't follow along a user's manual.
Go here now and watch a sample tutorial: